Data protection principles (Datenschutzhinweise)
It is possible to use our web pages without providing personal data. However, if you wish to use specific services from our company via our website, or if you book a journey via our website, it may be necessary to process personal data. If it is necessary to process personal data, and if there is no legal basis for this processing (e.g. performance of a contractual agreement), we ask you to give your approval.
This information informs you about which data we collect from you, how we use it, and how you can opt out of the use of this data.
1. Who is responsible for data collection and processing?
Deutsche Bahn AG collects and processes your data as the responsible body.
Ms Chris Newiger is the appointed Data Protection Officer. If you have any questions, suggestions and/or criticism relating to the DB Train Simulator app, please contact:
Deutsche Bahn AG
Potsdamer Platz 2
10785 Berlin, Germany
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding data protection, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Which data do we collect and how and why do we process your data?
We collect and process your data only for specific purposes. These purposes can result from technical requirements, contractual obligations or requests on the part of users.
For technical reasons, certain data has to be collected and saved when users visit the DB Train Simulator app (date and duration of the visit, the web pages used, the identification data of the browser and type of operating system, and the web page which forwarded you to us).
For contractual reasons, we also need personal data in order to perform our services and to be able to fulfil the contractual relationships that we have agreed with you. In particular, the following data is collected and used:
User identification (smart card ID; certificate; user name, etc.)
Time of the request
Data volume transferred
Transactions (URLs) called
Error messages of the authentication process and applications
3. How long is your data stored?
We store your data only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected (e.g. as part of a contractual relationship) or for as long provided for by law. Thus, in the context of a contractual relationship, we will store your data at least until full and final completion of the contract. Thereafter, the data will be stored for the statutory storage period.
4. What are my rights as a user of DB Train Simulator app?
You can request information as to what personal data is stored.
• You can request that we correct, delete or restrict (block) your personal data provided these actions are permitted by law and in compliance with existing contractual conditions.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with a regulatory authority. The regulatory authority responsible for Deutsche Bahn AG is: Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit, Friedrichstr. 219, 10969 Berlin, Germany, e-mail: email@example.com
• You have the right to portability of data that you provided to us based on your approval or on a contract (right to data portability).
• If you have granted us approval to process data, you can revoke this at any time in the same way as you granted it. Revocation of the approval does not affect the unlawfulness of processing based on the approval prior to revocation.
To exercise this right, simply send us a letter to:
Deutsche Bahn AG
Potsdamer Platz 2
10785 Berlin, Germany
Alternatively, you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Do you forward data to third parties?
To process contracts, it is usually necessary to involve data processors who act on our instructions, such as data centre operators, providers of printing or dispatch services, or other external service providers involved in fulfilling the contract. External service providers process data on our behalf, are carefully selected by us and are subject to strict contractual obligations. The service providers follow our instructions, and this is guaranteed by technical and organisational measures, as well as by means of supplementary checks and controls.
Furthermore, transmission of your data only takes place where you have given your express approval or on the basis of a statutory requirement. Transmission to third countries outside the EU/EEA or to an international organisation will not take place unless appropriate guarantees have been provided. These include the EU standard contractual clauses and an adequacy decision from the EU Commission. The service providers follow the instructions of Deutsche Bahn AG, which is guaranteed by technical and organisational measures, as well as by means of supplementary checks and controls. As a result, these external service providers do not count as third parties for data privacy purposes.
We update our privacy information whenever there are changes to functions or to the legal situation. We therefore recommend that you take note of the privacy information at regular intervals. If your approval is required, or if parts of the privacy information include provisions of the contractual relationship with you, the changes are made only with your consent.
7. What happens with links to external websites?
Information on external web pages
By clicking a link to an external website, you leave DB Train Simulator app. Deutsche Bahn AG does not assume responsibility for the content, services or products offered by or the data protection and technical security on the linked websites.
As at: Mai 2018